Saturday, July 3, 2010

Homeade beauty "Recipes"


Lets face it I love beauty products but I also love experimenting with ingredients at home to brighten my complexion and so much more here are some of my faves :


Lemon-Egg Protector: Whip an egg white till it gets peak up and store it in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Now add the juice of a lemon and a grated tomato with this. Apply on the skin; practice the same for minimum of a month to get the skin soft smooth and also helps tighten pores and reduce visibility of wrinkles

Milk treatment: Mix together 50 grams dried pea powder, lemon juice, one pinch of camphor and a little milk. Apply it over the face and leave it for 15 minutes and scrub it off with milk. This is good for treating scars and helps heal skin...especially good for those of you who pick at your skin (You shouldn't but we all do it !)

A GREAT MASK TO TRY AT HOME !




Ingredients:
1 tablespoon honey; 1 egg yolk; 1 teaspoon olive oil


This is something I have done done to make skin smoother. Also helps with minor breakouts because of honeys natural antiseptic properties

How to prepare:
Beat the egg yolk with a fork, add the oil and blend well. Add the honey using a spoon that you have rinsed with hot water and blend well again.

How to use:
Smear it all over your face with your fingers, except over your eyes. Leave it on your face for 15 minutes, then rinse it off.

Results :
I applied it at night for 15 minutes. When I removed it my skin felt smoother. In the morning when I woke up, my pimples looked minimized and my skin still remained soft and looked and felt more balanced. I did it every other night for about 2 Weeks and my skin looked fab !


And one of my all time FAVE natural beauty tips is APPLE CIDER VINEGAR its great to drink (MIXED WITH WATER) to detoxify from the inside and you can put it on a cotton ball after cleansing face to clear out pores and can be used as a toner. DISCLAIMER: you may not want to use it on your skin everyday because it can dry it out. But it has done wonders with my skin. I use it once a week.


A GREAT at home exfoliator :

Combine a little over 2 teaspoon of oatmeal and 1 teaspoon baking soda and enough water to make it into a paste. Apply to skin and rub gently. Let sit for 10 mins....RELAX (ahhh breath in breath out !) Then rinse and enjoy soft supple skin !


Hope you enjoy some of my at home recipes that I personally use ! Give them a shot ! You won't be disappointed, Plus it's sooo much fun playing spa at home !




No comments:

Post a Comment