Saturday, August 28, 2010

Vogue-September issue 2010



As I browse through the September issue of vogue I am amazed as always all 726 pages of it are absolutely to die for. The Lancome ad on the back cover is exquisite and makes me so excited to start putting my Fall makeup to use. The ad is for the Lancome Fall 2010 Color Collection by Aaron De May. And the picture is so chic it kills me.
There is also a Tear Out Beauty Calendar (right after Page 578) with a couple of products that I am definitely interested in trying and a couple of ideas I will share with you. The new Neutrogena healthy defense liquid moisturizer spf 50 is said to be a lightweight moisturizer that glides on smoothly and block out UVB burning rays and UVA aging rays from the sun. I am a big believer in SPF and think everyone should wear an SPF of at least 15 everyday.

Nexxus products seem to be really all over the place lately. I am definitely in the market for a new shampoo. And after seeing it in Vogue and doing some research I must try Nexxus Therrape luxurious hydrating shampoo. I'm planning a trip to Miami and I know I am going to be in the sun and water which will definitely dry my hair out and will put me in need of a good moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. And I also use an SPF for my hair when I know I am going to the beach or will be in direct sunlight. My fave of the moment is Oscar Blandi Capri Sun -Shield spray SPF 20.


It also featured the tester page for the new Gucci Guilty perfume which smells AHHHH-MAAZZINNNG ! I must own it !

Also made me want to try Revlon Grow Luscious mascara which is said to strengthen and condition lashes with each use. If you read my blog you know I have a mascara addiction. Which cannot be cured ! So I like to try everything from lash serums, primers,fiber lashes, all different types of mascara and the occasional false lash application for nights when I really want my look to stand out. But I have stood by using my rapid lash every other night and a little beauty secret of applying castor oil to my lashes before sleep on the other nights and my lashes have become very strong and thick like never before so thank you RapidLash !! And as far as Lash Primers go I am a huge fan of the Lancome Oscillation Power booster it is a vibrating amplifying primer and it really coats every lash and prepares it for your mascara. I think it is worth it to go the extra mile with it because it really enhances the look of your lashes.

Obviously tons of gorgeous fashion ads but if I had to pick my favorite ad that stands out to me would be the Alberta Ferretti ad the chunky necklace and gorgeous shoes on the models caught my eyes and made me drool over the magazine. The Hermes ad is also beautiful. And of course the Chanel ad looks so vintage chic I could cry.

And I am saving the best for last THE COVER Halle Berry sporting Anna WIntour's Signature haircut. She looks absolutely amazing (not shocking because she always does !) but the jewelry and subtle makeup on her is to die.

Ok everyone I'm going to get back to reading it because it is 726 amazing pages of glory.....

Pick up a copy you will not be disappointed ....OBVIOUSLY !

Subscribe and have Vogue delivered to you doorstep every month for only 12 issues for 12 dollars....












2 comments:

  1. Halle Berry is always gorge isn't she?

    Thanks for the info on the mascara and the moisturizing shampoos...I need both of those!

    xxoo

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,

    You're welcome ! Mascara is my weakness so any questions on it feel free to ask ! And yes Hally Berry is always breathtaking !!

    ReplyDelete