Friday, April 29, 2011

Everything Kate Middleton


I have to admit. I did not stay up or wake up to see the Royal Wedding. I didn't even think about it much. I just thought "let me DVR this and see what happens". I was swept away like a little girl. The Royal Wedding lived up to its name. It was reminiscent of a fairy tale. Completely whimsical.


The moments Kate spent being driven with her father, still being a "commoner" where beautiful. When she stepped foot out of the buggy, you saw an image of pure elegance. She carried herself like royalty, even before she officially became royalty.



Her gown was Sarah Burton for Alexander Mcqueen. It paid homage to Grace Kelly, who like Kate Middleton was a commoner before marrying royalty. Check out the resemblance :



The couple seemed happy and both looked amazing. I can not imagine all of the stress they were under and still, the two of them were completely well poised and made it "look easy
I am definitely keeping this on my DVR. I feel like I could watch it all day. It was such a beautiful, momentous occasion. I truly did not expect to be swept away by it.

With over a reported 4,00o tweets a minute while it was going on, I am clearly not alone. I typed in "Ka" in google and the instant suggestion was Kate Middleton.



I was also intrigued to see that Instyle had the low- down on the exact nail polish * Princess Catherine * wore. It was Essie "Allure" combined with Bourjois So Laque Ultra Shine Nail Enamel in Rose Lounge. Check it out HERE

And we can't forget about Pippa , Kate's sister, who did her job, she looked fabulous without "outshining" the bride. I think she looked so beautiful and was the picture of elegance with a side of sexy too ! The form fit with plunging neckline kept it young and fresh.








The wedding with 1,900 guests was filled with some amazing hats ! I must admit it inspired me and I am going to be on the lookout for a royal inspired hat.


Talk about elegance and prestige ! What I would have given to be a fly on the wall (which I am sure there was none of, haha)


1 comment:

  1. Now pippa worked that McQueen dress lol Both of them looked good

    ReplyDelete