Monday, August 22, 2011

Favorite Sunscreens


I have been wearing sunscreen every day since I was 14.

And it was because I wanted to age as beautifully as my grandmother has. My grandmother did everything she could to
avoid the sun. To this day she wears big sunglasses, and always wears sunscreens and creams. And let me tell you, she has the skin to prove it. She is 76 years old, never had any cosmetic work done in her life and she has the skin of someone less than half her age. Yes, she has terrific genetics,but she has worked really hard to get the skin she has today. And, beautiful does not do her (or her skin) justice. At 14, I did not quite understand the correlation between wrinkling and the sun, but I started to read about skincare because of all of the problems I encountered with my own skin (I was NOT genetically blessed to be without blemishes in my teens!)Trying to figure out my own skin is what got me into skincare.

So, I do know a thing or two about sunscreens. ClickR Day Brilliant Lotion SPF 15 is my relatively new favorite! I know that Lauren blogged about it, but I could not resist- I absolutely love this company! No preservatives, all natural, and Vegan! To protect from the sun, it contains Avobenzone, Octislate, and Octinoxate. Mother of Pearl helps to protect the skin barrier, and the Diamond Powder gently polishes. It contains silver to fight bacteria, and
Gold to deliver oxygen to your skin cells. You absolutely cannot go wrong with this product, even if your skin is NOT as sensitive as mine.







For other sensitive (and/or) dry skin, my first Skincare line, La Roche-Posay has a great sunscreen- Hydraphase UV SPF 30.
Dry types might also like L'Occitane Ultra Moisturizing Fluid SPF 20
Dark Skin
, I really think that Darphin Vital Protection, Age-Defying Protection Lotion SPF 15 looks fantastic!

For all skin types, especially Oily- Purpose Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion with SPF 15 is great- and works well under make-up.
For Oily skin, I love the ClickR (again) Day Brilliant Lotion, or La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen.


Do you have a favorite sunscreen? Tell me about it! Comment here, or contact me at madimhebert@gmail.com or via Twitter- @madihebert

7 comments:

  1. Ha! I saw that brandLa Roche-Posay at CVS the other day. It looks a little pricey. Is it worth it? I am on a limited budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have really sensitive skin, Tammy? La Roche-Posay was formulated particularly for sensitive types. When I was young, I had tremendously sensitive skin and absolutely nothing else worked. If on a limited budget and you do not have sensitive skin, I would not use their products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my favourite is Lakme sunscreen. I am using it from many years. It gives best result. Till today I don't have no complaints. After applying this I must say I get complete protection from sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really informative article. Your facial cream with SPF should just complement your facial sunscreen. If the sunscreen is manufactured correctly, it should sufficiently protect against the sun's harmful rays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite interesting tips. You want a sunscreen that allows you to tan, not burn. So make sure your sunscreen is blocking out the sun's rays appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always use everyuth sunscreens. It is best till now, I had use so many but only this one suits. Its give best protection than any other sunscreens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I like to use Lakme sunscreens. It is best products offer ingredients for protection from both UVA and UVB rays.

    ReplyDelete