Sunday, November 13, 2011

Masacara... Drugstore or Big Bucks ?



I put 2 fairly similar mascaras to the test. Only difference was, one was purchased at Sephora for $25.00 (Fairydrops) and the other was purchased for $10.00 at CVS (I had a 5 dollar CVS coupon so, it cost me a whopping $5.00, *coughs* $20.00 less than the one from Sephora) (L'oreal Voluminous False Lashes)




I wore Fairydrops on my left eye and L'oreal Voluminous False lashes on the other. They both have the same claim to have fibers in it, to give you more dramatic lashes. And, quite frankly they both worked well. 


Right Eye ( Voluminous Lashes--Drugstore)






Left Eye (fairy drops)



But, my quest was not complete I wore them and went about my usual day. Look in the mirror 8 hours later and what do you know ? The mascara that I shelled out $25.00 for was sitting under my eyes. And my left eye (fairy drops) completely lost its volume.


My opinion is if you are on a budget. Save on mascara. Buy it at the drugstore. Although, I will continue to try new mascaras because I am constantly on the hunt for "the one" . I know in my heart, there isn't going to be much of a difference, whether you pay $8.00 or $108.00 on mascara. It is one of those items.




 They all basically are comprised of the same ingredients, maybe there are a few differences. Like fibers for instance. I was addicted to Fiberwig (another $25.00 mascara I used to always purchase from sephora) but now that I have the option to purchase a good quality mascara with fibers in it at the drugstore. I am much less tempted to go drop $25.00 on fiber wig. 






Here are some more pics of the whole look :)







This is my silly face !!! Yay for drugstore mascara WOOT WOOT !!! 

Hehehe




Hope this helps you make a decision if you are contemplating mascara. Or at least I hope you laughed at my funny face !


Enjoy ! 


1 comment:

  1. I'll def try that one! But you seem to have amazing lashes either way!

    ReplyDelete