Saturday, April 7, 2012

Some Insight From Experience

Recently, for those of you who follow me on twitter or read my blog religiously. You may have noticed my absence. It is due to a number of things. But more importantly I am having some medical problems.

  I just want to give everyone a heads up on some things I have learned. Ladies, stay on top of your body , in the sense that if something feels even slightly off go see your doctor immediately. Because, it can be far worse than you think it is. Or, it can be nothing and at that point at least your mind is clear. The body is a complicated thing.


 Another thing I came across is since I moved to Florida and no longer have the doctors I have known for years seeing me. Doctors are not always right, you know your body more than anyone. I told my doctor that I thought something was wrong and she said she didn't think it was but "if it would ease my mind she could send me for ultrasounds and blood work" . And, as it turns out it was just as I expected. Had I not asked her those questions , she would have completely overlooked something pretty serious.


I know I talk about the outside of our body on my blog. But, if you don't have your health , you don't have anything.


So, just be aware. Don't feel like you're annoying the doctor when you have questions ASK AWAY !

Just wanted to let this out. Because I know some women put off the doctor or don't ask questions because they feel the questions are "dumb". Always be persistent if you feel something is wrong.




10 comments:

  1. Agreed x 1000! If you feel "off" always push and get someone to listen! I am an American living in Canada where they have this "healthcare for everyone" thing and the system SUCKS! I will get in my car and drive back to the US if anything was ever "wrong"

    Also I'm terribly sorry there is an issue with you and hope it resolves. Please take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing medical issues. You must be your own advocate. Great post. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie! I did not know you moved or were having issues :( I hope all is well now and continues to get better. Keep me posted. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna ! I will let you know when things get better . You have always been such a sweetheart to me and that means more than you will ever know. <3

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about you experiencing medical issues. I hope you are okay and everything is fine. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys so much for the kind responses !!

    ReplyDelete