So, I started with a simple mask.
You will need :
1 tsp. Honey ( preferably manuka honey or organic honey)
1 tsp. Yogurt ( I used Chobani plain Greek yogurt )
1 tsp. Turmeric ( I purchased organic turmeric )
|You will look more orange than Snooki when the mask is on !|
Just an FYI and an embarrassing photo for you guys !
Be careful not to leave this mask on for more than 15 mins as turmeric is so strong, it can stain your skin. So, just be careful. If it does leave a yellow residue, I removed it with my Peter Thomas Roth Complexion Correction Pads.
I also, just last night and this morning. Started drinking one teaspoon of turmeric mixed with water. It does not taste good at all. But, it has cleansing properties !
Benefits of Turmeric :
20 Health Benefits of Turmeric :
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.
17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.
18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
Also, if applied to your skin or mixed with your face wash you will notice a much brighter complexion. Hopefully, this will make some of you start incorporating it into your diet and skin care routine. I never cooked with it. I heard the best way to introduce it into your diet is adding it to your egg salad. It will add a rich orange hue and won't be too overpowering. So, thats a definite try for me maybe, I will make that for lunch tomorrow.
Let me know if you have any more info, leave it in the comments below.
And, let me know if you use it or start to use it !! I love reading comments, so comment away !