Saturday, September 7, 2013

My 10 Favorite Drugstore Beauty Finds Of The Moment

I love nothing more than going into CVS or Target and gazing at everything in the beauty/cosmetic aisles. I could do it everyday and still be perfectly content with doing, just that. I think that it is great that you don't have to always get everything from Sephora or Mac cosmetics. Which, believe me, I love both retailers ! But, it is fun to walk out of the drugstore with 5 new products and not feel like you have done a bad thing to your wallet. Don't get me wrong, these things add up ! But, I do recommend getting  the "store" cards that CVS, Rite-Aid and Walgreens have to offer. It takes a minute to fill out the paperwork and it usually results in great coupons ! I love going into CVS and getting my 5 dollar off coupon and then my foundation will go from being $12 to $7 !!! I use a good mix of drugstore products as well as products from sephora and Mac products. I also, love Ulta because it brings both high-end and drugstore products to you, all in one store !


ANYWAY on to the good stuff :


My 10 Favorite Drugstore Beauty Finds Of The Moment ;


Let us start with hair products : 







Loreal Elnett Hairspray :
This hairspray is amazing. It is used by virtually ever celebrity hair stylist and I can attest to how amazing it is. It provides strong hold, without ever giving you that crunchy feeling. I buy the Extra strong hold for color-treated hair. It has a UV filter which I think is imperative. People usually forget that our hair needs SPF too. I give this a ten out of ten ! 

Organix Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil :
This is what I use on the parts of my hair that are bleached. It gives your hair a lot of moisture and it doesn't make my hair greasy,which is extremely important to me. Aside from how awesome this product is, it smells AMAZING ! 

PSSSST! Instant Dry Shampoo : 
This is great for refreshing your hair in between washes. It smells clean and not too strong. It is also something I use when I am going to curl my hair to give it a bit of texture and volume. You can spritz some of this in your hair and tease it and get some BIG hair without much effort. If you have super clean hair and you want to curl it this can "dirty" up your hair and give it more texture resulting in hair that is much easier to curl. I do use it in between washes to keep my hair smelling great. Just don't overdue it with this product as it can leave traces of white residue in your hair. So, a little bit of this goes a very long way.



E.L.F. Eyelid Primer : 
This isn't just my favorite drugstore eyelid primer, it is my favorite eyelid primer in general. And may I add, this is cost effective being as though it is one dollar ! There are not many things that I can say I LOVE that are a dollar. But, my eyeshadow doesn't budge when I wear this. I LOVE it ! 




Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara : 
I can never say enough about Maybelline The Falsies Mascara. And now, they have the Big Eyes addition which gives you a small wand for your lower lashes. This is hands down my favorite mascara. You can not go wrong with this mascara. I used to always buy my mascara at sephora until I realized, the ingredients in most mascaras are basically the same thing. Also, I have all of my expensive mascara wands saved. So, if I want I can use the wand from some of the other mascaras I have had in the past. Sometimes using a different wand on your mascara helps. I like a mascara wand with a bit of a curve to lift the eyelash. This is my favorite mascara that I have found. A close contender was Loreal Lash stylist, but it is so hard to find and can only be found on the internet. This is my holy grail mascara. I use 3 coats. I love dramatic lashes ! I plan to have a youtube tutorial up on how I apply my mascara because I always get people asking me how I get my lashes to look so long and full. 

I have an old blog post on what I use to maintain my eyelashes here :










Loreal True Match Concealer :

This is what I use under my eyes and to contour my face. This is great because some concealers, when used under your eye tend to crease or fall into the fine lines under your eyes. This has never creased on me. It always holds up well and doesn't sink right into the fine lines (everyone has them, and when you apply makeup it can accentuate those fine lines, and no one wants that ! ) 




Sonia Kashuk Primer Base Perfecting Brightening Primer 

This can only be found at target. I love Sonia Kashuk products ! They are reasonably priced and are good quality. This definitely brightens up your complexion and is great as a base. I have only used this a few times, but I think it will be going into my Holy grail products. It kept my foundation in great shape and made my skin look much brighter.




Cotton Candy Delicious Fragrance by Prince Matchabelli :

I don't use this as perfume. I spray it on my clothes to give it a nice sweet smell. I love the smell of this, but I can't imagine using it as a perfume. But, I spray a mist of this on my clothes and my husband loves the smell. My perfume that I use a lot with this is Pink Sugar by aquolina and also Blue Sugar by aquloina , which is technically for men, but I always use it because it smells amazing. So, cotton candy is just a light sweet smell. I spray it in my house sometimes to just lift my mood. It does actually last a long time and it's around 5 bucks ! Great pick me up and I think all men will find this fragrance appealing on a woman. So, ladies, I recommend you buy this. ;)



Milani Lipliner in 02 True Red :

I use this as my signature red lip. I apply this liner to my entire lip and it gives you the perfect red lip. I just recently started doing this and I noticed this lasts a lot longer than a red lipstick. Don't be afraid to use a lip liner as a lipstick. I wore this color for my birthday that just flew by 3 days ago and I got a compliment from my hubby, the hostess at the restaurant we went to and a random passer by, later on that night. It is definitely a true perfect red. It did not dry my lips out and gave me that signature red lip that I have been looking for. Below is a picture of my birthday makeup and me wearing this incredible color.


Milani True Red Lipliner used to fill in my entire lips. Long lasting and perfect matte red lipstick / Liner.






CVS brand eye make-up remover (Oil Free)

Ponds Wet Cleansing towelettes 

This is what I use to remove all of my makeup before washing my face. I prefer the CVS brand eye makeup remover to the neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover. Even though this is cheaper or even an imitation of neutrogena eye makeup remover, there is something about this eye makeup remover that I love. I have tried both and love the CVS brand.

On to the Makeup Wipes :

I love Ponds Wet Cleansing Towelettes. I used to always use either olay or neutrogena makeup wipes, but these are more soapy and I feel more gentle on the skin. Because, you have to apply less pressure on your face since the wipes are nice and moist. So, these two items are my holy grail makeup removing products ! 





I would love to know some of your favorite drugstore beauty products. Please comment below. I love trying new stuff and if I like something you recommend and I like it. I will give you a shout out in my blog post ! So, definitely let me know if there is something I must try ! 


Hope you guys liked this article and I hope you try some of these products. 

Have a great day or night depending on where you are !!  

No comments:

Post a Comment