Friday, December 11, 2015

Tallow - Nature's Beauty Secret and The Fountain of Youth

Through my quest to eliminate chemicals from my daily skin care routine, I have come across some downright bizarre options. But, I have to sat Tallow definitely struck me as the strangest. Until I put it on my skin!



If you are not familiar with Tallow, it is a hard fatty substance made from rendered animal fat. In basic, LARD. However, most tallow is usually made with cow fat.


The unique thing about tallow is that it is extremely compatible with our own skin biology. Which makes tallow extremely useful in keeping our skin hydrated since it is so similar. It is truly the healthiest way to obtain soft supple skin.





If you can get passed the idea of putting lard on your face, then tallow is the right fit for you. You can make it recipe HERE   --- That was entirely too much work to do with a teething wild one year old running around the house. So, I ordered it from Vintage Tradition HERE   


My skin feels much softer and smoother. I am still waiting to see if I have any type of breakout. I will keep you in the loop. But, since it has a similar biological make up of our own skin, I am not expecting a breakout. (ha, do we ever expect them?)


It is definitely a better option than chemical ridden lotions and potions. And, can be used on your entire body. 


No comments:

Post a Comment